Here is our ADS1292R Arduino shield that will let you read ECG and respiration data using Processing in real time! The Version 2.0 of this shield adds a new SPI pin header making it compatible with newer Arduino variants including the Arduino Yun.
The shield also sports a 3.5mm interface to connect the electrodes. Plug in the shield onto an Arduino, attach the cables and electrodes (10 disposable electrodes and a cable are included in the pack), power up the Arduino and you are all set to read ECG data in real time! The cable accepts two ECG electrodes and one DRL (Driven Right Leg) electrode for common mode noise reduction.
The ADS1292R uses "impedance pneumography" to measure respiration too! The method uses the change in chest impedance to arrive at respiration measures.
Check out our GITHUB REPO
- ADS1292R Analog Front End IC.
- Onboard 3.3V voltage regulator for low noise.
- Onboard logic level translators for Arduino interface.
- Prototyping area for adding additional components.
- ADS1292R Arduino shield-1
- Electrode cable with 3.5mm connector and ECG electrodes connectors-1 each
- Pack of disposable stick-on ECG electrodes -10 per pack
Important Notice: This device is NOT intended to be used in/as medical diagnostic equipment. This is intended to be used solely for evaluation and research purposes only.
Safety Warning: Be careful while connecting the electrodes to the body when the Arduino in plugged in to your computer's USB port. Make sure that your laptop's main power is disconnected so that there is no direct connection between the ground and your body !